Statement submission is open for organizations accredited with:
The deadline for submitting written statements is 31 October 2016.
You will be notified only if your statement has been accepted, by 30 November 2016.
General Instructions for submitting written statements.
Submissions will be reviewed and accepted in the order they are received with attention the following criteria:
1. Written statements must adhere to the priority theme of the CSocD: ôStrategies for the eradication of poverty to achieve sustainable development for allö;
2. Joint submissions will be prioritized (i.e. submissions by multiple ECOSOC NGOs that adhere to all the criteria will be accepted before other submissions);
3. Written statement must be submitted in either English or French;
4. Written statement submitted by NGOs in general consultative status must not exceed 2,000 words (including official UN signage, approximately 50 words);
5. Written statement submitted by NGOs in special consultative status must not exceed 1500 words words (including official UN signage, approximately 50 words);
6. Only one written statement per organization can be submitted.
N.B. Joint submissions word limit will depend on the consultative status of individual NGOs. I.e If one or more NGOs are in General Consultative status the word limit will be 2,000 words. If all NGOs are in Special Consultative Status then the word limit will be 1.500.
Please note that approved written statements submitted to this session may be edited for coherency and may become available in the working languages of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), in alignment with ECOSOC Resolution 1996/31 and will be posted on our website at: http://bit.ly/csocd55
Suggested guidelines for preparing statements:
* Paragraphs should not be numbered;
* Proof read and spell check;
* Ensure accurate facts and figures;
* Use UN terminology (http://unterm.un.org);
* Do not be critical of a UN Member State or Government leader/s;
* Do not make critical generalizations of a group or persons/countries/organizations;
* Avoid abbreviations and acronyms, as well as footnotes;
* Be clear and simple for greater advocacy impact;
* Highlight a key idea at the beginning of a paragraph;
* Avoid repeating information and ideas.
Suggested format of statement:
* Title of the statement and name of NGO submitting (Acronym in parentheses);
* Introduction, objective and purpose of statement;
* Overview of the issue as it relates to the work of the NGO;
* Specific examples of accomplishments by the NGO and remaining challenges;
* A way forward: expectations, specific recommendations;
* Closing sentence.
Special Guidelines for Submitting Joint Statements:
1. If an organization submits a joint statement with another organization, it cannot co-sign other statements or submit an individual statement.
2. NGOs submitting joint statements with other organizations must have the agreement of all co-signers.
3. All organizations co-signing a joint statement must be in consultative status with ECOSOC.
|Title of Statement||Submitted by|