Statement submission is open for organizations accredited with:
- ECOSOC Consultative Status - General
- ECOSOC Consultative Status - Special
Oral and Written Statements
General discussion: Oral statements may be delivered during the general discussion by a limited number of observers subject to time availability. Oral statements should not exceed three minutes (approx. two pages double-spaced using font size 12).
Interactive expert panels: A limited number of observers will be able to make oral interventions during the interactive panels, subject to time availability. Interventions must be directly related to the theme of the panel. Inputs on other issues will not be accommodated.
Interventions at interactive expert panels are NOT to be in the form of prepared statements. Observers are therefore not required to submit copies of such interventions. These interventions must be in the form of comments or questions addressed to the panel experts. Interventions should not exceed three minutes.
Observers may submit written statements on the thematic issues considered by CEPA. Deadline for submission is 31 March 2017 via CSO Net. Statements may be published on the CEPA website before the session.
- NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC shall submit their written statements through 31 March 2017 via CSO Net. Please click here to login to CSO Net. Statements sent by e-mail will not be accepted.
- Statements by organizations in general consultative status with ECOSOC may not exceed 2,000 words. Statements by organizations in special consultative status with ECOSOC may not exceed 1,500 words.
- Statements must pertain to one of the items on the agenda of the 16th session as approved by ECOSOC. The number and title of the agenda item in question must be indicated on the submission.
- Indicate the start of a new paragraph with a double line break.
- Paragraphs of the statement should not be numbered.
- Do not use footnotes and endnotes. Please incorporate all information into the body of the statement.
- If the statement is supported by other NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC, add a note at the end of the document to this effect. The names of the NGOs should be in alphabetical order.
- Avoid using abbreviations and acronyms. For a list of permissible acronyms, please consult the UN Editorial Manual. No other acronyms are allowed. Please do NOT use the acronym of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration ("CEPA") or the acronym of your organization in written statements.
- Keep statements clear, concise, and simple. Avoid repetition.
- Introduce key ideas and present needed information in the first sentence or paragraph of your statement.
- Organize material using the principle of one thought per paragraph to make reading effortless.
- Verify references to titles and dates of United Nations events and conferences.
- Prepare your statement in Microsoft Word or a text processor, and save it on your PC. If you donĺt save it in advance, you might lose it later during submission, e.g. if your PC loses the connection to the online system. Once you have finalized your statement, copy-paste the final text from your document onto the statement submission page in CSO Net. Please note the online system removes formatting.