Meetings and Events of ECOSOC and its Subsidiary Bodies
Eighth Session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous IssuesNew York
18 - 29 May, 2009
1. Election of officers.
2. Adoption of the agenda and organization of work.
3. Follow-up to the recommendations of the Permanent Forum on:
(a) Economic and social development;
(b) Indigenous women;
(c) Second International Decade of the World¿s Indigenous People.
4. Human rights:
(a) Implementation of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of
(b) Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human
rights and fundamental freedoms of indigenous peoples and other
5. Half-day discussion on the Arctic.
6. Comprehensive dialogue with six United Nations agencies and funds.
7. Future work of the Permanent Forum, including issues of the Economic
and Social Council and emerging issues.
8. Draft agenda for the ninth session of the Permanent Forum.
9. Adoption of the report of the Permanent Forum on its eighth session.
|Date||18 - 29 May, 2009|