|Areas of expertise & Fields of activity:
Gender Issues and Advancement of Women:
- Capacity building
- Human rights of women
- Institutional mechanisms for the advancement of women
- Men and boys
- Millennium Development Goals
- The girl child
- Violence against women
- Women and HIV/AIDS
- Women and armed conflict
- Women and poverty
- Women and the environment
- Women and the media
- Women in power and decision-making
- Information and Communications Technologies
- Social policy
- Climate change
- Desertification and Drought
- Disaster management and vulnerability
- Gender equality
- Human settlements
- Information for decision-making and participation
- Land management
- Rural Development
- Sustainable development for Africa
|Country of activity:
|Millennium Development Goals:
- Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Reduce child mortality
- Ensure environmental sustainability
|Year established (YYYY):
|Year of registration (YYYY):
||SDHURO has a constitution that stipulates the organisational structure and management.
The highest organ of the organisation is the board of directors of respected members who have vision and engaged in humanitarian activities especially in the area of human rights drawn from the local community. The board consists of five members including the executive director. They set the direction, policies and guidelines SDHURO takes.
Duties and responsibilities
a. Determine mission and purpose to create and review statement of mission and purpose to articulate SEDHURO goals, means and primary constituents served.
b. Select the head of the board trustee.
c. Provide proper financial oversight. The board assists in developing the annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
d. Ensure ethical and legal integrity and maintain accountability. The board is ultimately responsible for ensuring adherence to legal standards and ethical norms.
e. Ensure organizational effectiveness. Board must actively participate in the overall planning process and assist in the implementing and monitoring the planned goals.
f. Recruit and orient new board members and assess board governance. All boards have a responsibility to articulate prerequisite for candidates, orient new members, and periodically comprehensively evaluate its own performance.
g. Enhance the organization’s public standing. The board should clearly articulate the organization’s mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public and garner support from the community.
h. Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and service. The board’s responsibility is to determine the organization’s programs are consistent with the organization’s mission and to monitor their effectiveness.
i. Support the secretariat and committees and assess their performance.
j. Ensure that all members of the board have job descriptions, and that job descriptions are issued to committee members, and all staff of the secretariat.
k. The board makes its decisions as stipulated in the relevant articles of the By-laws; the chairman doesn’t participate in the voting process but is entitled to use his deciding vote in tie or stalemate.
|Number and type of members:
||The management team
It is SEDHURO’s policy to engage qualified and competent staff with the capacity to apply their skills, knowledge and experience in addressing the pertinent challenges that relate to program activities. The organizational structure is designed to uphold efficiency/good co-ordination and is comprised of a competent team with the capacity to plan, organize, supervise, monitor, and evaluate performance to ensure maximum accountability and high quality output.
1- Dahir Ali Barre Chairman
2. Lul Abdi Mohamed Vice Chair Lady
3. Hared Ibrahim Osman Executive Director
4. Farah Aden Barre Admin/Finance Administrator
5. Hamdi Muse Cise organizing secretary
6. Aden Mahmed Sugulle Fundraiser
7. Hodan Abdi Ali Gender officer
8. Abdi Hassan Waranle Enviromental protection Officer
9. Maryan Farah Duale protection and Human Rights officer
|Affiliation with NGO networks:
||Child Rights International Network - JubbaNet - East Afirca human rights deficders Network
- Membership fees or dues
- Donations and grants from domestic sources
- Foreign and international grants