Statement submission is open for organizations accredited with:
The theme for the 2018 session of the Economic and Social Council is ôFrom global to local: supporting sustainable and resilient societies in urban and rural communitiesö.
As in previous years, the HLS will include the three-day ministerial meeting of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), convened under the auspices of the Council. The 2018 HLPF on the theme ôTransformation towards sustainable and resilient societiesö will proceed to an in depth review of Sustainable Development Goals 6, 7, 11, 12, 15, and 17.
Guidelines for Submitting Written Statement to the 2018 ECOSOC High-Level Segment (READ FIRST!)
1. Written statements should adhere to the themes of the HLS mentioned above.
2. Written statements must be submitted in either English or French.
3. A written statement submitted by an NGO in general consultative status must not exceed 2,000 words;
4. A written statement submitted by an NGO in special consultative status must not exceed 500 words;
5. A written statement submitted by an NGO in roster consultative status must not exceed 500 words.
6. Only one written statement per organization can be submitted.
Special Guidelines for Submitting Joint Statements
1. If an organization submits a joint statement with another organization, it cannot co-sign other statements or submit an individual statement.
2. NGOs submitting joint statements with other organizations must have the agreement of all co-signers. The Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination will seek approval of all co-signers before including their name in the written statement submitted. Therefore, please make sure to have all co-signersĺ approval before submitting a written statement.
3. All organizations co-signing a joint statement must be in consultative status with ECOSOC.
Please note that written statements submitted to this event are displayed on this page only after they are processed by the Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination. However, official documents may become available in the three working languages of ECOSOC only a few days before the meeting takes place. At that moment each NGO will be notified whether its written statement was accepted or not.
The deadline for written statements is 4 May 2018.
|Title of Statement||Submitted by|