Statement submission is open for organizations accredited with:
The deadline for submitting written statements is 1 December 2018.
You will be notified if your statement has been accepted by 15 January 2019.
General Instructions for submitting written statements:
Submissions will be reviewed and accepted in the order they are received with attention the following criteria. The first twenty statements accepted will be processed by the UN Secretariat and published as formal documents that will be posted on the Sessionĺs webpage:
1. Statements have to be submitted through CSO Net http://csonet.org/;
2. Statements should adhere to the topic of the special theme of the session: ôReview and appraisal of the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and its contribution to the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Developmentö;
3. Statements must be submitted in English or French;
4. Statements submitted by an organization in general consultative status should not exceed 2,000 words (including footnotes);
5. Statements submitted by an organization in special consultative status should not exceed 1,500 words (including footnotes);
6. Incomprehensible or repetitive text will be edited or deleted;
7. Information on processed documents will appear in the UN Daily Journal in the days prior to the opening of the Session.
N.B. Joint submissions word limit will depend on the consultative status of individual NGOs. I.e If one or more NGOs are in General Consultative status the word limit will be 2000 words. If all NGOs are in Special Consultative Status then the word limit will be 1500.
Suggested guidelines for preparing statements:
* Paragraphs should not be numbered;
* Proofread and spell check;
* Ensure accurate facts and figures;
* Use UN terminology (http://unterm.un.org);
* Do not be critical of a UN Member State or Government leader/s;
* Do not make critical generalizations of a group or persons/countries/organizations;
* Avoid abbreviations and acronyms, as well as footnotes;
* Be clear and simple for greater advocacy impact;
* Highlight a key idea at the beginning of a paragraph;
* Avoid repeating information and ideas.
Suggested format of statement:
* Title of the statement and name of NGO submitting (acronym in parentheses);
* Introduction, objective and purpose of statement;
* Overview of the issue as it relates to the work of the NGO;
* Specific examples of accomplishments by the NGO and remaining challenges;
* A way forward: expectations, specific recommendations;
* Closing sentence.
Special Guidelines for Submitting Joint Statements:
1. NGOs can co-sign as many joint statements with other organizations as they wish, with the agreement of all co-signers.
2. All organizations co-signing a joint statement must be in consultative status with ECOSOC (Special, General or Roster).
For more information visit: http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/commission/sessions/2019/ngo_written_statements.shtml
|Title of Statement||Submitted by|