Statement submission is open for organizations accredited with:
- ECOSOC Consultative Status - General
- ECOSOC Consultative Status - Roster
- ECOSOC Consultative Status - Special
The Office for Intergovernmental Support and Coordination for Sustainable Development of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs is pleased to announce an open call for oral and written statements for the 2019 ECOSOC High Level Segment (HLS) for NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC.
The theme for the 2019 session of the Economic and Social Council is ôEmpowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equalityö.
The HLS will include the three-day ministerial meeting of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), convened under the auspices of the Council, on the same theme. The 2019 HLPF will proceed to an in depth review of Sustainable Development Goals 4, 8, 10, 13, 16 and 17.
Guidelines for Submitting Written Statement to the 2019 ECOSOC High-Level Segment (READ FIRST!)
1. Written statements should adhere to the themes of the HLS mentioned above.
2. Written statements must be submitted in either English or French.
3. A written statement submitted by an NGO in general consultative status must not exceed 2,000 words;
4. A written statement submitted by an NGO in special consultative status must not exceed 500 words;
5. A written statement submitted by an NGO in roster consultative status must not exceed 500 words.
6. Only one written statement per organization can be submitted.
Special Guidelines for Submitting Joint Statements
1. If an organization submits a joint statement with another organization, it cannot co-sign other statements or submit an individual statement.
2. NGOs submitting joint statements with other organizations must have the agreement of all co-signers. The Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination will seek approval of all co-signers before including their name in the written statement submitted. Therefore, please make sure to have all co-signersĺ approval before submitting a written statement.
3. All organizations co-signing a joint statement must be in consultative status with ECOSOC.
Please note that written statements submitted to this event are displayed on this page only after they are processed by the Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination. However, official documents may become available in the three working languages of ECOSOC only a few days before the meeting takes place. At that moment each NGO will be notified whether its written statement was accepted or not.
The deadline for written statements is 26 April 2019.
click here to submit oral statements.